Wednesday 18 February 2009

The latest 'super' group

So, I read on Billboard and NME today that a new band called Tinted Windows has formed. It contains an interesting blend of musicians - James Iha of Smashing Pumpkins fame, along with Cheap Trick drummer Bun E. Carlos, Taylor Hanson, from Hanson (!), and bassist Adam Schlesinger who is in Fountains of Wayne.

Not a bad lineup, to be fair, and Iha and Schlesinger have done a fair bit of work together, so the chemistry there should be ok. The most interesting member for me will be Taylor Hanson. I've not really heard much of his since Hanson were around when I was a kid, so I will be interested to hear what his voice is like post-puberty, and in front of a guitarist as talented as James Iha, who is without a doubt, a legend.

They are set to play at SXSW in March, so keep your eyes peeled for the inevitable YouTube uploads.

No comments:

Post a Comment